Soft-Raid Testing and other stuff...

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 18:22:57 UTC 2005

cat /proc/mdstat

-G

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Richard Hobbs
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:42 AM
To: 'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'
Subject: RE: Soft-Raid Testing and other stuff...

Hello,

Sorry to drag up an old topic, and sorry again for top posting, but this
question is related, but not directly...

If a drive dies in a RH8.0 Soft-RAID configuration, will I ever be notified?
Will an email ever get sent? Or, will I need to write a script and put it
into cron which checks the status and reports if it's bad?

If I need to write a custom script, what command can I manually type in
which will give me the status of the array in terms of dead disks etc...?

Thanks in advance,
Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Email: richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tel: +44 1223 376964        Mobile: +44 7811 803377