Root sudo? (was Re: Cron Job Failure)

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Apr 26 20:36:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, April 26, 2005 12:50 pm, Allen Chen said:
> Hi, all
>
> I got another problem with RedHat 9.  The sudo doesn't work any more
> with root. It hangs. But it still works with other users.
>
> I don't if anybody has the same issue or not.
>
> Allen.

First, it's poor form to snarf another topic/thread, and start up a new
question that's unrelated to the previous.

Having said that, as I'm no longer running RHL9, I can't answer on that
front...however, I've never run into this.

Realizing, up front, that this doesn't answer your question, I do have
ask...why would you bother using sudo as root?  The whole point of sudo is
to be able to run commands as root...if you're already root, why would you
need to use sudo?

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit