Klauncher bug

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Wed Apr 27 08:32:51 UTC 2005

I use Redhat v8 and last night I decided to delete a directory and as it was rather large, I left it running with the progress window telling me there was 60% to do after 5 mins.

I came in this morning to find it had crashed with the message
"Klauncher could not be reached via DCOP"

Now any programs I try to run just pop up this message as well.

I can fix it by logging out and then in again.

I see from my Internet searches that quite a few other people get this error message even with RH9.

Has this error ever been fixed in RedHat?

--
Stuart Halliday
ECS Technology ltd