(no subject)

Alexander Sharaz a.sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 16:44:05 UTC 2005

Chaps,
Got a small problem here.

I've just build an Enterprise Server AS v4.0 and there are two small
problems that's driving me mad.

1). When I telnet to the box from another host on the same network, it
probably takes about 20 seconds for the login prompt to appear ... if
fact if I ftp or ssh to the box the same thing happens.

2). When I'm logged onto the box telnet,ssh,ftp, everything works fine.
Up2date is o.k. as well.  If however I use a web browser, then I can
access hosts on my network as far as the DSL box ( don't have any dns
entries for my kit) but any attempt to get to systems off my network
just time out.

I could understand there being a routing problem if that happened for
everything but command line stuff works just fine dns resolution and
all.

I've even switched off iptables just ion case that was the problem, but
nope it still doesn't work

Any suggestions gratefully accepted
Alex