Changing from using NIS to DNS

Cristian Tarhon ctar at loc.gov
Fri Apr 29 11:58:39 UTC 2005

Change the dns server in the /etc/resolv.conf file.

Cristian

This message sent from BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

>>> Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com 4/29 7:04 am >>>

We need to get our redhat WS V3 machines resolving machine names from the
dns on the main file and print servers ( Windows 2003) rather than
using nis? Currently two Unix machines are the NIS master and slave but
they are being decommissioned soon so we need the redhat machines to
resolve names using our two Windows 2003 Servers that have just been
installed. I need to know what needs to be done to get this to work. What
changes? What order things need doing in? Is downtime needed? Do we have to
take out the NIS settings in authconfig so it is Blank? Any help is much
appreciated.

Regards

[IMAGE](Embedded image moved to file: pic24484.jpg)
This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.