copying iptables between 2 RH 3 systems

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Fri Apr 29 13:15:28 UTC 2005

Yard, John wrote:

>I want to have the same firewall configuration on 2 rh 3
>systems. The OS level is identical; is there any issue in copying
>iptables from one system, to another system I am starting to
>configure ?
>
>JYard
>UCLA

I think that you would not have problems if you would just copy file
with iptables configuration from one system to another. Of course, if
you explicitly use in you iptables configuration some parameters of you
system (such as its IP address) then you will need to change its value
in the copied file to the vaule of corresponfing parameter of another
system.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com