pam_succeed_if

Harding, Devon dharding at southernwine.com
Fri Apr 29 14:59:56 UTC 2005

Anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Alexey Fadyushin
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 8:41 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: pam_succeed_if

Harding, Devon wrote:

>I keep getting this in /var/log/secure.  How do I stop it?
>
>crond[17137]: pam_succeed_if: requirement "uid < 100" was met by user
>"root"
>
>Devon Harding
>Windows Systems Engineer
>Southern Wine & Spirits - GSD
>954-602-2469

>__________________________________  This message and any attachments
are
>solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or
>privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
>disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information included in
the
>message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this
>communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and
immediately
>and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank You.

You can add option 'quiet' or 'quiet_success' to the list of
'pam_succeed_if' parameters in the configuration files in /etc/pam.d.
With that option module pam_succeed_if will not log success messages to
the system logs. Option 'quiet_success' is preferred because it will not

prevent failure messages from being logged. Option 'quiet' will
eliminate both success and failure messages.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com