firewall

Marco A. Ramos mramos at sanyoval.net
Mon Aug 1 18:12:51 UTC 2005

Talking about this topic, now and since 4 year ago we are using the firewall
(IPF) in a OpenBSD servers to protect the net from Internet and Iptables to
protect the inside servers, according with the information in that days
OpenBSD looks more secure than Linux

“Only one remote hole in the default install, in more than 8 years!”
Publicity on www.openbsd.com

But Linux it much powerfully then OpenBSD.

My point it’s to put on the table a discussion about the advantages between
Iptables on Linux and IPF on OpenBSD.

Thank you all, regards.