Email server control panel

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Mon Aug 1 21:14:20 UTC 2005

At 03:15 PM 8/1/2005, you wrote:

>The system desired seems to be much like this one:
>
>  Virtual user support with Postfix, OpenLDAP and Jamm
>
>  http://wanderingbarque.com/mailserver.html
>
>I've set this up for a client on RHEL 4 and its running in
>production beautifully now. I also added amavisd-new running
>SpamAssassin and ClamAV for antispam and virus protection.
>
>Most of the moving parts in this solution are part of RHEL 4, but
>you will have to add Java, Tomcat 5, Jamm, amavisd-new, and ClamAV.
>Third party RPMs are available for all these packages in various repositories.

Richard
         This might be what I was looking for.  But I have a few
questions.  Will dovecot have to be compiled and installed
manually?  Or will it work from the "out of the box" rpm install on
RHEL ES 4?  Also, the page you listed said it wouldn't do POP
mail.  Is this true or is there something else that needs to be done
to make it allow POP access?  I should have put that in my "needs"
list when first posting, but it is so common place for me that I
didn't think about it.  Also, can it use a mailing list program like
majordomo?  I didn't see that on the list either and again, I forgot
to ask about that  in my original post.  We have a couple of clients
that use majordomo on our server.

Thanks
Steve