Email Server Solution

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Tue Aug 2 19:08:35 UTC 2005

At 12:06 PM 8/2/2005, you wrote:
> > It would be nice if email would appear to come from the IP of the
> > domain and not the IP of the server itself.
>
>Do you mean the IP address of the sender?

No.  We have several hundred IP based domains on one of the servers
in question.  When they pop into their domain on the server, it still
goes out from the primary IP of the server instead of the IP of the
domain they pop into.  Ensim (the control panel we use) virtualizes
the domains into their own server, for the most part.  Some things
are not though.  And sendmail is one of the things that isn't
virtualized.  I know it can be done for a large price tag, but we
would have to change to many things to do that.  Basically we would
have to lose our Ensim control panel.  Which might not be a bad
idea.  But the other solution that we found was going to cost us
about $50K and that is not an option.  No I don't remember what the
other solution is/was.  It has been about a year ago that we found it
and at that price, we just passed right over it.

steve