test - why it "FAILED"

Lew Bloch conrad at lewscanon.com
Mon Aug 8 17:37:37 UTC 2005

>Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:16:32 +0500
>From: Muhammad Rizwan <rizwan at nixpanel.com>
>Subject: Re: test
>
>why this is failed, a im already subscribed to this list...
>
>On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 16:22, Lokrin wrote:
>

>>Muhammad Rizwan wrote:
>>

>>>test
>>>

>>  FAILED

It failed because you sent a message to the list that neither requested
nor offered assistance.

I believe the "FAILED" answer was a gentle, humorous hint to alert you
to that fact.  No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, but messages like
that "test" are just spam on the list and one should avoid sending them.

You share the list with everyone. Please follow standard list etiquette,
including not spamming the list, bottom posting rather than top posting,
making your subject line specific, quoting only relevant parts of the
original message(s) (rather than the whole thread or, worse, the whole
message digest), sending in plain text rather than HTML, and so forth.

All these conventions are in service of making the list useful and easy
for everyone.