daylight savings time change

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Tue Aug 9 22:14:24 UTC 2005

From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Ed Wilts
Sent: Tue 8/9/2005 3:16 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: daylight savings time change

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 09:59:44AM -0400, Smith, Albert wrote:
> If you are worried about your clock and such I wouldn't worry about it
> as long as your are using NTP if anything would change locally on the
> server I would most likely assume a kernel update and maybe the timezone
> files. But I would use NTP to attach to a public atomic clock to be
> exact.

And this will not help you in any way.  NTP always serves up the time in
UTC.  It's up the client to convert that to a local time.

That said, I can't remember where the files are located that determine
the timezone rules.  I don't know if it's built into glibc or not.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org