Automatic disconnect from host feature

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 22:28:48 UTC 2005

Two (or three) thoughts:

1) It depends on how they are connecting.  If you are talking about local
sessions, that is far different than say, remote X connections, or even
remote connections over VNC, or X tunneled through SSH.

2) It will probably be service-based timeouts, for example SSH has
keepalive=YES  and probably a timeout option as well (man ssh)

3) I envision setting xlock (or any Screensaver) on a 3-day timeout, then
killing the parents of any xlock process via a clever script in the crontab.

my 2c ,(only worth 1.5 with the top-posting Exchange rate.  (pun intended.)

Regards,
-G