rsync - question

Vladimir Kosovac vkosovac at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:06:56 UTC 2005

If you use ssh instead, rsync will be tunelled through it, providing you use
"-e ssh" option for rsync command, something like:

rsync -Pave ssh machine1:/home/user/<dirtosync> machine2:/home/whatever

This way you get the additional benefit of encrypted, rather than clear text
data transfer.

Vladimir Kosovac
Computer Power Group