open SRPMS

lasa lasantha2linux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:05:56 UTC 2005

I am new to this really. Sorry for asking again.

How am I creating thease directory structure. Command Mkdir I know and
why it carries , (comma) mark in between these directors.(line needed
some simple explanation)
------# mkdir -p ~/REDHAT/{RPMS,SRPMS,SPECS,BUILD,SOURCES}-------??

Anyway thks 4 the info u've given.

On 8/14/05, Stuart Sears <stuart at sjsears.com> wrote:
> lasa enlightened us with the following gems on 08/13/2005 09:18 PM:
> > it little bit advanced. Pls express no 2 little bit
> >
> > On 8/14/05, Stuart Sears <stuart at sjsears.com> wrote:
> >
> >>lasa enlightened us with the following gems on 08/13/2005 08:55 PM:

> >>I think you'll find I answered this about half an hour ago.
> >>but, in case that sounded stroppy...
> >>do this as follows... (all done as a normal user, NOT ROOT!)
> >>1. create the needed directory structure:
> >># mkdir -p ~/REDHAT/{RPMS,SRPMS,SPECS,BUILD,SOURCES}
> >>2. edit/create ~/.rpmmacros so that it contains the line
> >>%_topdir        /home/your_username/REDHAT
> use a text editor to create a file in your home directory called .rpmmacros
> make sure it has the %_topdir line in it as above.
>
> it is this line that tells RPM to install source rpms in your ~/REDHAT/
> directory structure instead of /usr/src/redhat (which would require root
> privileges).
>

> >>3. then install your source RPMS using your unprivileged account.
> >># rpm -ivh my_package-1.0-1.src.rpm
>
> any clearer?
>
> --
> Stuart Sears RHCE RHCX