Clearing out inactive memory in the in_d state without a reboot.

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Wed Aug 17 13:38:55 UTC 2005

I actually have a service call open with Dell Gold Support about this. Apparently this is a known issue in the kernel with kswapd not releasing the memory properly. They are currently working with RedHat engineering to develop a solution.

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT
Genex Services