Clearing out inactive memory in the in_d state without a reboot.

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Thu Aug 18 07:17:16 UTC 2005

We are running 2.4.21-20.

Regards

[IMAGE]
|+--------------------------+---------------------------------------------|
||   "Mike Burger"          |                                             |
||   <mburger at bubbanfriends.|           To:        "General Red Hat Linux |
||   org>                   |   discussion list" <redhat-list at redhat.com> |
||   Sent by:               |           cc:                               |
||   redhat-list-bounces at red|           Subject:        RE: Clearing out  |
||   hat.com                |   inactive memory in the in_d state without |
||                          |   a  reboot.                                |
||   17/08/2005 22:02       |                                             |
||   Please respond to      |                                             |
||   General Red Hat Linux  |                                             |
||   discussion list        |                                             |
||                          |                                             |
|+--------------------------+---------------------------------------------|

On Wed, August 17, 2005 8:38 am, Smith, Albert said:

> [...]

Out of curiosity, with which kernel(s) are you seeing this type of issue?

I ask because, running FC3, I find that if I stick with the old
kernel-2.6.11-1.27, I'm doing well, but running any of the released
kernel-2.6.12 packages (currently, I have 2.6.12-1.372 installed), I've
been experiencing system freezes, after 2-3 days of uptime.

Unfortunately, nothing shows up in dmesg, /var/log/messages, and with
screen blanking, I can't see what was on the console, to get a better idea
of what is going on.

I've reverted back to 2.6.11-1.27, for now.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request at bubbanfriends.org

with a message of:

subscribe