redhat-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 20

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Aug 18 11:37:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:22:21PM -0700, jugesh wrote:
> can any one mail  me sendmail configuration file, step - by - step

The reason there is a configuration file in the first place is because
not everybody has the same contents.  In fact, most people will have
different contents because it's very customized.

If you're not familiar with sendmail (and you're obviously not), I
recommend you run postfix instead.  It's much easier to set up and the
configuration directives are much easier to understand.

My rule of thumb for people deciding whether to run postfix or sendmail
is that if you already have sendmail expertise or onsite access to a
sendmail expert, run sendmail.  If you don't have sendmail expertise,
run postfix.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE