Email server control panel

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Mon Aug 1 19:21:02 UTC 2005

	I was hoping somebody here might have a solution for my problem.  I
am wanting to setup an email server for our clients.  So they would
have one server for their websites and one server for their
email.  The following is the minimum of what I need for it.

1.  Control Panel for each domain so that the domain owner can add
their own email addresses.
2.  Control Panel for each user that is added to a domain so that
they can change their own passwords if they want.  Also so that there
can be a link to a program like Squirrelmail that we would install on
the server.  I only want one copy of Squirrelmail if possible so that
copies don't have to be installed for each domain.  The program
Squirrelmail can be another program, but it would be nice if it was
Squirrelmail because I know and like it.
3.  Control Panel for the main Admin to add the domains that will be
on the server.
4.  Virtualization so that each domain can have an "admin" or "steve"
if they want as their logins.
5.  Must run on a RHEL ES 4 or 3 server.
6.  MailScanner/SpamAssassin with a virus scanner.  For a normal
installation of a server, I can install these with no problem.  It
doesn't have to be MailScanner/SpamAssassin if there is something
else that would work just as well and is as easy to manage/learn.  A
virus scanner for all incoming and outgoing email is a must and no
solution will work if it can't do this.

My main problem is that the solutions that I find won't fit the bill
because of one or more of the following:
1.  Can't install the program, Control Panel, on our own server.
2.  Cost to much
3.  Has a monthly charge to use it
4.  Want a per domain charge, which would again...cost to much since
we have about 1000 domains.
5.  Won't work as just an email server.  It wants to be the whole
hosting solution and at the moment, we don't want that and can't
change the Ensim control panels that we have now.  We are going to
stick with the Ensim control panel for the web hosting but need to
move the email off to a separate server because of the load on the
server due to 10's of thousands of emails that our clients get and
receive daily.

A free solution would be the best option if available since the
majority (about 95%) of our clients are low end and don't pay much
more than $20US a month.  VPOPmail
http://www.inter7.com/index.php?page=vpopmail is a nice solution, but
it only runs on qmail and, if possible, I would rather use sendmail.

Thank You
Steve