CPAN Uninstall

Steve Tripp progressivepenguin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:09:45 UTC 2005

These are the instructions from the FAQ at CPAN:
http://www.cpan.org

How do I remove installed Perl modules?

By using the ExtUtils::Installed
<http://search.cpan.org/author/JHI/perl-5.8.0/lib/ExtUtils/Install.pm> and
ExtUtils::Packlist<http://search.cpan.org/author/JHI/perl-5.8.0/lib/ExtUtils/Packlist.pm>modules
that come with Perl as in the example below. There is also a more
elaborate example in the ExtUtils::Packlist man page.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

use ExtUtils::Packlist;
use ExtUtils::Installed;

$ARGV[0] or die "Usage: $0 Module::Name\n";

my $mod = $ARGV[0];

my $inst = ExtUtils::Installed->new();

    foreach my $item (sort($inst->files($mod))) {
             print "removing $item\n";
             unlink $item;
          }

     my $packfile = $inst->packlist($mod)->packlist_file();
          print "removing $packfile\n";
          unlink $packfile;

On 8/2/05, Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I go about un-installing a module install through CPAN?
>
> -Devon

The Ambassador and the General were briefing me on the -- the vast majority
of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these
people and we will bring them to justice.
-- Preznit Junior Samples. White House, Oct. 27, 2003