Email Server Solution

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Wed Aug 3 13:26:24 UTC 2005

I am by no way a sendmail expert but it sounds like Masquerading is what
you want to do if you are using native sendmail. But I have done
masquerading in the past and basically how it works is that anyone that
connects to it for SMTP communications would have their domain name
changed to whatever the masquerading option is set to in the mc or the
cf file. If it is in the MC all you would need to do is modify the
masquearding lines which are commented out then run an m4 against it to
compile the MC. Do you want all outbound messages to come out as a
single domain or do you want to have multiple out bound domains?

That would determine how many sendmail servers you would need to have
and I would assume the control panel would allow you send messages
through a different SMTP server then the one they control.

What does your vendor support say about this question?