Email Server Solution

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Wed Aug 3 14:30:13 UTC 2005

At 08:15 AM 8/3/2005, you wrote:

>Have you tried looking at the Ensim solution directory? It appears that
>there is atleast one there that might have what you are looking for and
>be able to control it through ensim:
>
>http://directory.ensim.com/solution.asp?mid=1&sid=9

         Albert, no I didn't check there.  I will have to look into
them more.  But from a quick look, it looks like either we have to go
with a hosting provider or use windows for our Ensim.  I am not
willing to switch to Windows.  And switching to an another hosting
provider would also put us out of business.
         Most of our servers are NOT Ensim boxes and we don't have
any problems with them.  Well, there is one, but that is a different
issue all together.  A crazy programmer that is writing a store
program for us was clumsy in the fact that he had a php contact form
that could be manipulated through a browser.  The hacker then used it
to spam from.  As soon as I found out, I removed the form and won't
let the programmer put it back until he rewrites it and lets me check it out.
         Anyway, I will look into the Ensim solutions that are at
that URL and see if any of them can be used in a cost effective manor
for us.  The majority of our customers that are on the Ensim boxes we
have are cheap sites.  I am against giving them everything for
nothing.  If they want that, there are plenty of free hosting
providers out there and as long as they don't want to talk to tech
support at those places, then they can get away cheaply.

Thanks
Steve