problem with ssh running from xinetd

Mike Klinke mklinke at axsi.com
Thu Aug 4 03:33:01 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 13:36, Bill Tangren wrote:

> Has anyone else seen problems like this, and know how to fix this
> problem?

Bill,

Since I also run sshd through xinetd and happened to have a SMP RH9
box handy, I installed the kernel you are having a problem with.
Unfortunately I couldn't duplicate your symptoms.  Xinetd rejected
properly addresses not in the "only_from" statement.  The only
differences I can see are:

I don't use the "-u0" server arg

I am using /32 and /24 addresses;(e.g.: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.0 )

I only have two addresses specified in the "only_from" statement.

Regards, Mike Klinke