daylight savings time change

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Tue Aug 9 18:57:21 UTC 2005

On 8/9/2005, I wrote:
> >       I saw today on the news that the president has changed the daylight
> >savings time dates to start and end differently then now here in the
> >USA starting in 2007.  I assume that we won't have anything to worry
> >about on newer systems that get updated through up2date.  But what
> >package(s) am I going to have to watch for new releases and update on
> >older systems that are no long supported by RedHat.  Like RedHat 7.3
> >and 9.  I have several systems that are still using them.

I want to thank everybody for there help.  Hopefully I will find the
answer someday.  Somebody might have already sent it and I just
haven't received it yet though.  A couple of things that might be
able to clarify what I don't want/need <grin>:
1.  How to fix my XBox or PlayStation which I don't even own.
2.  The possibility that my boxes are hacked if they are RH 7.3 or
9.  Most are RHEL, but a couple aren't.  We have one that can't be
hacked.  Well, very doubtful anyway.  You would have to find out
which lake it is in first and I am not going to tell you even under
the threat of tickling me.  So I can offer a $1 reward to anybody who
can find and hack it.  As to the 7.3 and 9 boxes, it would be easier
to hack the RHEL boxes due to the setups and multiple firewalls the
7.3 & 9 are behind.  Besides, whether they have been hacked or not
doesn't solve the problem here either.  Although if they did get
hacked, maybe I could talk my boss into springing for new servers.
3.  The misspelling of "SAVINGS" or "SAVING".  Spelling it correctly
doesn't solve the problem either.  Call it CDT and CST if you
want.  It doesn't matter as long as everybody knows about what I am
talking about and by the looks of the email, everybody seems to know.

I think this gets my silliness out of the way.  Nice to see that I am
not the only one who needs a shrink appointment setup.