Bad line received from identity server... when remsh from HP-UX.

Magnus Andersen mag.andersen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:58:24 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup rsh and rlogin so I can use it.  It works fine now
but I am receiving the following in my messeges log file.

Aug 11 13:45:41 oradev xinetd[21449]: Bad line received from identity
server at 192.168.xxx.xxx: 1023 , 514 : ERROR : UNKNOWN-ERROR

I have this working on the other server without problems.  I think the
problem might be on the HP-UX side, but I thought I'd ask here to see
if anyone had an idea.

Thanks,
--
Magnus Andersen