up2date / yum local repository

mnikhil m mnikhil.juno at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:57:43 UTC 2005

Hi

Has any one implemented a local yum repository or redcarpet kind for RHEL v3?

can someone please redirect me to the steps that you have taken.
though I have up2date rhn with RHEL,My core wish is to maintain a
local repository server making the clients connect a local server for
patches and updates instead of connecting to rhn everytime an up2date
is run.
Or is having a local repository possible with up2date program ( I have
heard that in most cases up2date has support for yum repositories)

Any Suggestions/Comments?
Thanks,
Nikhil