open SRPMS

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Aug 13 20:09:46 UTC 2005

lasa enlightened us with the following gems on 08/13/2005 08:55 PM:
> can any one tell me to open SRPMS in best way step by step to edit
> those. Any URL regarding above.
I think you'll find I answered this about half an hour ago.
but, in case that sounded stroppy...
do this as follows... (all done as a normal user, NOT ROOT!)
1. create the needed directory structure:
# mkdir -p ~/REDHAT/{RPMS,SRPMS,SPECS,BUILD,SOURCES}
2. edit/create ~/.rpmmacros so that it contains the line
%_topdir	/home/your_username/REDHAT
3. then install your source RPMS using your unprivileged account.
# rpm -ivh my_package-1.0-1.src.rpm

the data they contain will end up in your ~/REDHAT directory in the
SPECS and SOURCES subdirectories

you can now edit the source files in ~/REDHAT/SOURCES/ using the editor
of your choice...

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE RHCX
# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?