open SRPMS

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Aug 14 10:35:02 UTC 2005

lasa enlightened us with the following gems on 08/13/2005 09:18 PM:
> it little bit advanced. Pls express no 2 little bit
>
> On 8/14/05, Stuart Sears <stuart at sjsears.com> wrote:
>
>>lasa enlightened us with the following gems on 08/13/2005 08:55 PM:
>>
>>>can any one tell me to open SRPMS in best way step by step to edit
>>>those. Any URL regarding above.
>>
>>I think you'll find I answered this about half an hour ago.
>>but, in case that sounded stroppy...
>>do this as follows... (all done as a normal user, NOT ROOT!)
>>1. create the needed directory structure:
>># mkdir -p ~/REDHAT/{RPMS,SRPMS,SPECS,BUILD,SOURCES}
>>2. edit/create ~/.rpmmacros so that it contains the line
>>%_topdir        /home/your_username/REDHAT
use a text editor to create a file in your home directory called .rpmmacros
make sure it has the %_topdir line in it as above.

it is this line that tells RPM to install source rpms in your ~/REDHAT/
directory structure instead of /usr/src/redhat (which would require root
privileges).

>>3. then install your source RPMS using your unprivileged account.
>># rpm -ivh my_package-1.0-1.src.rpm

any clearer?

--
Stuart Sears RHCE RHCX