How to install a specific package?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Aug 15 11:27:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 01:09:00PM +0200, erich.iseli at saint-gobain.com wrote:
> Thanks for your answer so far. The only thing I am worrying about is that if
> I'm installing an rpm "manually", will it be correctly identified as
> "installed" by the redhat package manager and will I get the updates via
> RHN?

If you install an rpm via up2date, RHN will automatically be updated.
If you install if off the CD, you can do an up2date -p to update your
RHN system profile to reflect the changes.  I tend to do the up2date -p
more for package deletes than package installs but it's the same in
either case.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA