Clearing out inactive memory in the init_d state without a reboot.

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Wed Aug 17 09:52:53 UTC 2005

Could someone please advise on the best way of clearing Init_d memory so it
gets flushed out to disk. I am running Redhat WS and ES version 3. However
i cannot reboot these machines at present so i need to do it while they are
on-line. We are having a problem with all of our Linux machines not
automatically flushing to disk. Below is what i see currently on the top
command.

Mem:  3599032k av, 2926964k used,  672068k free   82052k buff  469844k
actv, 1731916k in_d,   54940k in_c  Swap: 2044072k av,  0k used, 2044072k
free   2614264k cached

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

[IMAGE](Embedded image moved to file: pic12859.jpg)