Clearing out inactive memory in the in_d state without a reboot.

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Aug 17 21:02:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, August 17, 2005 8:38 am, Smith, Albert said:

> [...]

Out of curiosity, with which kernel(s) are you seeing this type of issue?

I ask because, running FC3, I find that if I stick with the old
kernel-2.6.11-1.27, I'm doing well, but running any of the released
kernel-2.6.12 packages (currently, I have 2.6.12-1.372 installed), I've
been experiencing system freezes, after 2-3 days of uptime.

Unfortunately, nothing shows up in dmesg, /var/log/messages, and with
screen blanking, I can't see what was on the console, to get a better idea
of what is going on.

I've reverted back to 2.6.11-1.27, for now.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit