MAIL BIND in ADSL (Dynamic IP)

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Aug 18 12:31:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, lasa wrote:

> Cant we do this without getting help from dyndns.org site.
>
> On 8/18/05, bala chandar <mbchandar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 8/18/05, lasa <lasantha2linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to know how we config bind and send mail for ADSL. Having
>>> problem of static IP. Here Dynamic IP is assigned to the router. SO
>>> How can we config the Bind to open up a mail server.
>>> (Any better URL)
>>
>> check out dyndns.org where you might get the domain name which is
>> static. u can configure your mail server for this domain name. all
>> request coming to that domain name will be to your system. please
>> check

As long as you do not need email to come directly into your mail server,
yes, you can.  You just need to configure your mail server to use your
ISP's mail server as a "smart relay".  Then you can send all the email you
wish.

If you wish to receive email, directly from the internet into your mail
server, you'll need help from a service that handles DNS for dynamic IP
clients...like dyndns.org.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit