wireless client

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Thu Aug 18 20:20:51 UTC 2005

I have an 802.11g (linksys WRT54G) router running here at work. Until
today, everyone who has wi-fi nics here run either Windoze or Mac OS,
and I know how to get those OS's to talk to the router. [They give me
their MAC address, and I give them the password.]

However, today a visiting professor shows up with a laptop running
Linux, and he wants to connect to the LAN. As I have never had any Linux
computers on which to practice setting up wi-fi clients, could someone
point me to references I could read on what programs on his Linux box
will allow him to connect to my wi-fi router?

I have googled, with no luck. All I have come up with was how to set up
a LAN using Linux. I have tried man -k too, but that hasn't helped, and
isn't likely to, seeing as none of my boxes here have wi-fi nic cards in
them.

TIA,
Bill Tangren