syslog server filesystem

Tom Greaser tgreaser at hsc.wvu.edu
Sat Aug 20 22:56:33 UTC 2005

I have a very busy syslog server running on rh es 4
Of course the I/O wait is very high even for the scsi mirror.

The file system is ext3 with no atime mount option.

I was looking at trying another file system on the disk to see
if that would help.  I've been doing some checking via google
to see if anyone has a suggestion but didnt see any..

Most of the filesystem testing is about file creates, reads, and writes
didnt see anything about appends.

So anyone here on the list have a heavy used syslog server ?
what filesystem do you use ?

Thanks