Pear and RHES updates PHP

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Mon Aug 22 00:07:49 UTC 2005

Hey there,

I'm running Horde and to do so have had to update my pear modules, most
notibly the DB module.

When doing updates to php I amso need to redo the updates to pear as these
seem to get overwritten by the later PHP rpm each php update supplies,
this was all going fine except, the latest update now produces the
following message

[root at wibble PEAR]# pear

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class:
pear_command_auth-init in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Command.php on line 220

Then trying to do a pear <anything> command.

I've tried to remove the php module and re-install it to no avail

an rpm -q --whatprovides shows that the /usr/bin/pear and the
/usr/share/pear/PEAR/Command.php files are all owned by the php module so
this erasing (rpm -e) and reinstalling (up2date php) should have reset
everything. (--nodeps)

it did not appear to however :-)

Any clues ?

--