Pear and RHES updates PHP

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Mon Aug 22 00:21:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Steve Phillips wrote:
[snip]

> an rpm -q --whatprovides shows that the /usr/bin/pear and the
> /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Command.php files are all owned by the php module so
> this erasing (rpm -e) and reinstalling (up2date php) should have reset
> everything. (--nodeps)
>
> it did not appear to however :-)

OK, further to this, all fixed and working now.

For reference, what happened during the upgrade was that additional
commands were added to the "pear" interface, and these commands are stored
in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Command

The pear "Command.php" parses this directory to create a list of commands
and checks a $GLOBALS variable to marry up to these commands, as new
commands were added to this list it caused the error saying "Found some
command in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Command that doesnt seem to appear
anywhere in my list of variables"

So I cleared out the command directory (Renamed it to Command.old incase
I needed something from there later), removed php using -e and then
reinstalled php, did a pear upgrade-all and now everything is happy :-)

Hope this will help someone else out sometime in the future.

--
Steve.