Squid and ES 3.0

John R. Van Lanen, Network Operations - TCCSA VANLANEN at tccsa.net
Mon Aug 22 15:12:30 UTC 2005

I'm running Redhat ES 3.0,

Running Squid Stable 2.5 ver 3 that comes with the Redhat ES 3.0

The issue I have is that squid will stop dead,

Do a squid status and it shows

squid dead but pid file exists
squid: ERROR Could not send signal 0 to process 5530: (3) No such process,

Have seen this before, restart squid or rebooting solves the issue for awhile,
the 5530 number changes.

Cache.log shows nothing but normal stuff.

Searching the net shows others with the same issues but can't find a solution.

Let me know if you can help.  Thanks.
| John R. Van Lanen, Manager of Network Operations  Voice: (330) 264-6047    |
| Tri-County Computer Services Association (TCCSA)  Fax:   (330) 264-5703    |
| "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,         E-mail:vanlanen at TCCSA.NET|
|  because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"                      |