dual boot laptop

Peter Smith pasmith at wbmpl.com.au
Sun Aug 28 23:24:06 UTC 2005

Michael D. Berger wrote:

>I plan to set up a dual boot laptop with Fedora and
>either WinXP or Win2k,  I have not yet purchased the
>hardware.  Advice regarding what to buy, and how
>to proceed with the setup would be much appreciated.
>Thanks in advance.
>Mike.
>--
>Michael D. Berger
>m.d.berger at ieee.org

I have had dual-boot with various RH versions on my old Dell Latitude
CPx J.  All installed easily.

However, I have found wireless connectivity to be a problem.  I got it
working under FC2 but FC4 is proving more difficult (I know - it doesn't
make sense).  My wireless card uses the prism54 driver, which is
supposed to be there but I guess I am not holding my mouth right. :)

If you are planning on using wireless, research in advance that your
specific hardware is fully supported.

Best of luck,
Peter