Crontab

Aseem Khurana Aseemk at netsoftglobal.com
Mon Aug 29 08:24:05 UTC 2005

Ce'dric,

1. Firstly, you could give an argument in the crontab txt file to specify at what email address to mail the status of the cron command that was run at some time-

By writing the following, in the cron file..

MAILTO="root at localhost.localdomain"

And, for your command, I think the place where you are doing wrong, is that you don't specify what user you want the command to run into... Just log in as root, and set the cron, it will run with root privileges only... Also, run-parts is used to run all files inside a directory... And you need to run a single file, so specify the command

I think your entry in the crontab should look like this:-

HOME=/
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
SHELL=/usr/bin/sh
MAILTO="abc at def.com"

0 13 * * * nice -n 19 /home/FILE_TO_LAUNCH.sh

Check if this helps.

Regards,
Aseem.