Other computers cannot ping my computer

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Thu Dec 1 19:15:17 UTC 2005

Let's look at this from the other end.  What message do the other
machines in the network get when they try to ping you?   Can they
resolve your host name to your IP address (host SERVER)?  Are they
trying to ping your hostname or your IP address?  If they cannot ping
your hostname, have them try pinging your IP address.  Maybe your
hostname is not registered with your DNS server.

    Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
    University of Saskatchewan