not able to boot to Linux

Kumaresh.P at tcs.com Kumaresh.P at tcs.com
Fri Dec 2 14:46:49 UTC 2005

hi,

boot the linux box into rescue mode with a boot cd. To do this, at the
boot prompt, enter linux rescue and press enter.

the system will boot into rescue mode. after this, execute

>chroot /mnt/sysimage (this is basically your installation of linux)

after this, the system will take you to "your" linux installation. once
you are here, execute the followin command:

>grub-install.

this will re-install your grub and the system will allow u to login to
windows/linux.

Kumaresh

Yogi pn <yougander at gmail.com>
Sent by: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
12/02/2005 07:51 PM
Please respond to
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>

redhat-list at redhat.com
cc
"Krishnappa, Venugopal" <venugopal.krishnappa at hp.com>
Subject
not able to boot to Linux

Hi,
    I have a dual boot machine with Windows 2003 and RHEL 4 configured on
it. I formatted a logical partition on windows 2003 and tried to reboot,
after that i'm not able to boot to neither windows nor RHEL, i get grub>
prompt after rebooting the machine!!!!! can you guys help me to
troubleshoot
this problem!!!! Thanks in advance n have a gr88 weekend!

Regards,
Yogi