agpgart modules for 2.6 RH Enterprise 4

Margaret_Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Mon Dec 5 15:17:33 UTC 2005

I have found that agpgart modules for video drivers do not exist in the
2.6 RH kernel.

I got the system installed by using

	linux text nofb

Now I cannot get the display to work because I am missing agpgart
modules.  I see a
lot of discussions on the web about agpgart not being built into the
2.6 kernel, but I
have not been able to find how to add the modules to the system.  There
was a patch
for the 2.2 - 2.4 kernels.

Has anyone solved this problem and if so, would they please send me
fairly detailed
instructions for adding the modules to my system.

I have a Dell 620 Optiplex with a 1704FOVt flat monitor.

Thanks.