RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 licensing

Rakesh Tripathi rgtripathi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 04:24:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm not clear about RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 licensing. The EULA says that
the end-user is free to copy and modify the software. Does this mean that if
one has one copy of RHEL 3 procured from RedHat, he can copy the media and
use it for other systems ? I understand that if I don't subscribe to RedHat
Network (which I understand would come bundled with the first purchase for a
period of one year) for subsequent years, I will not be eligible to
support/upgrades available from RedHat subsequently.

Does RedHat have any document which clarifies the licensing details ?

Any information on this is welcome.

Thanks,
Rakesh.