cups on RHEL4

Margaret_Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Thu Dec 15 14:47:55 UTC 2005

On Thursday, December 15, 2005, at 09:36 AM, Margaret_Doll wrote:

> I just switched from RHEL3 to RHEL4 on one of my servers.   The
> configuration files were just moved from one system to the other.
>
> Macs and other unix computers used to be able to connect through port
> 631 to cups to do their printing on the RHEL3 system.  They no longer
> can.
>
> I have selinux disable because I don't understand it completely and
> did not want it interfering with printing.
> I have 631 tcp and udp enabled in iptables.
>
> The Macs time out saying that port 631 is busy on the server.
>
> What do I need to open up?

netstat -a | grep ipp
tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp               *:*
     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:39352             localhost:ipp
     TIME_WAIT
tcp        0      0 localhost:39353             localhost:ipp
     TIME_WAIT
tcp        0      0 localhost:39349             localhost:ipp
     TIME_WAIT
tcp        0      0 localhost:39350             localhost:ipp
     TIME_WAIT
[root at chemps named]#
udp        0      0 *:ipp                       *:*

iptables --list

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)

ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp