setuid for "ssh"

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 19:56:18 UTC 2005

Not having a copy of the source in front of me, I would wager that ssh
explicitly sets itself to run with the permissions of the user.  It's pretty
tight about security.  I know you want to run it as root, but. why?  Even
the docs I sent to you suggest a valid work-around to the problem you are
having - yet you still want to suid ssh.

-G

Regards,

Gavin McDonald

EVI Logistic Enterprises