physical memory

Cannon, Andrew Andrew.Cannon at amecnnc.com
Thu Dec 1 10:47:40 UTC 2005

We also have this problem with a RH4 system (EM64T and the smp kernel) using
4GB memory (P4 650).  The BIOS sees 4GB memory, but RH only sees 3.3GB
memory.  Apparently, this is an Intel chipset issue and cannot be fixed
using software (apparently).  Intel are aware of it, but have not put any
fix out yet.  I don't know about AMD processors (the systems we have using
AMD processors only have 2GB), but our Intel system with 4GB has lost 700MB
of memory.

Intel do assure us that the OS can see the whole 4GB of memory, but I don't
think I believe them too much...

Andy