Going back!

Vladimir Kosovac vkosovac at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:04:25 UTC 2005

Depending on how you've installed the new kernel it might still be there,
just not the default one (up2date or rpm -ivh would do this, all you'd need
to do is to change the 'default = 0' to default = <number of the
coresponding kernel entry> in grub.conf.

If you manually ran rpm -Uvh, you should still be able to grab the kernel
rpm you want and install it alongside the running one with rpm -ivh. In this
case boot loader should get updated automatically.

All this assuming you don't run ancient Red Hat release.