Problem with an 1794FPVt flat panel Dell monitor

Margaret_Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Thu Dec 1 21:23:38 UTC 2005

I was starting to install a RHEL 4 system on a new Optiplex GX620 with
a flat screen, 1794FPVt.  The monitor works fine up to the screen where
you decide to whether you are installing via graphics or text, etc.
You can then seen the text part
of the bootup appear and then you get

"2:  Digital Input
Connot Display This Video Mode"

I get this whether I try to install via graphics or via text.

Dell web pages says that this is a problem with the monitor and system
being out of sync.

How do I get them in sync through the installation process?

I am still looking for the sync specs for the monitor I have.  The
2001FP flat panel monitor works between 31-80 horizontal and 56-76
vertical.  The default is 1600x1200 at 60 Hz.

I could install the system with another monitor and hope that I can
sync it later.