[Advice needed] HW for mail server

Anze Vidmar anzevi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:16:44 UTC 2005

Dave Ihnat wrote:

>I'd like to suggest that you consider a simple RAID1 system--you can get
>something like an Adaptec SATA 1420SA inexpensively and throw a couple of big
>SATA drives to give you more reliability.

Since this server will host 50-80 part-time students accounts with 1Mb
mail-size limit, I'm just going to configure 2x 120GB IDE  disk in SW
Raid1. However, I'll keel /home folder on LVM partition just in case.
 I think this will be enough for testing time period.

Thanks all for your input.

--
Anze Vidmar <anzevi at gmail.com>