Missing files need restoring from RPMs - help

Vidiot brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Thu Dec 8 15:12:37 UTC 2005

>There are options to rpm to install missing files but I haven't used them, so I cant be much help there.
>
>What you could do is backup important XFree86 files then remove the rpms and reinstall them, followed by moving your backed up files back to there original places. Just backup the files shown in rpm -ql XFree86, or just the XFree86 conf file.
>
>It's upto you how to do it, it shouldn't be too much hassle.
>
>Let us know how you get on.
>
>Good luck :)
>Nick .

Thanks, I'll do that.  It will be a while before I can work on it.  I'm
currently at work (I telnet in and read my e-mail).  After work I have to
go elsewhere for a few hours.

Before anyone says anything, yes I know that telnet is insecure.  If you
try to telnet into my server, you will be denied.  I have a hole open to
only the IP address that is used by the work telnet proxy.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
                                                         \ / Ribbon Campaign